[DeTomaso] starter studs

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 11:52:14 EDT 2011

Jeff,

    I looked at the studs McMaster Carr sells, and the description of the 42mm studs I found says they are "self locking" on the tap end.  They are PN 91059A556, 42 mm with 12 mm tap end and 26 mm nut end.  It appears that the tap end has an interference thread so it stays in in place when you loosen the nut.  Maybe your threads are like these so they bind at some point?

Ken