[DeTomaso] GT5/5S brake calumets

jgkrenton at comcast.net jgkrenton at comcast.net
Sun Apr 3 11:25:54 EDT 2011

Mike:

We should have had this discussion while you were here for the famous steering rack rebuild session!

I did  a bit of investigation several years ago abetted by one of local parts guys who specializes in hard to find parts for E uro pean cars and has a good connection with Girling.  I t is my understanding that the GT5 rear brake is the same as a Maserati Quatraporte.  As noted, it's v ery similar to several other English cars.  I have a set of the Q-porte calipers sitting on the shelf patiently awaiting my renewed interest in installing them on my Pantera.

 It is also my understanding that the GT-5 upright has different spacing for the caliper mounting bolts.  T he Q-porte calipers will not bolt up to the early (non-L) Pantera upright without some work. (I don't have a GT5 to try them on.)  The difference is pretty small, but's it's still enough to be an issue.  Does anyone know if the bolt spacing is different on the GT5 and the "regular with the crappy rear brakes" Panteras?

Thanks all!

Jeff/2467.