[DeTomaso] Ram-air Scoop

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 22:42:17 EDT 2011

i am far from a math whiz, but i do have decent recall and I remember some
NHRA trivia from a broadcast a couple of years ago.
Both top fuel rails and funny cars are restricted in the size of the blower
scoop opening to 63 sq in.   They make 6-8,000 horsepower (although using a
massive blower ).

just for what it's worth.

I'd be curious as to the size of the roof scoop on the old McLaren F1
supercar built in the 90's.

Michael Shortt