[DeTomaso] ZF oil choice?

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sat Apr 2 13:29:33 EDT 2011

No. Synchros are something that have to function every time you shift, which is constantly

LS clutches only prevent one wheel from spinning uselessly when too much power is applied in a turn (or one wheel is on ice, etc)..  I can't imagine I could ever break loose one of my fat rear tires with my stock engine no matter how much I abused my driveline, which I am not inclined to do.  So whether they function or not is irrelevant.  I use the Red Line stuff and have never heard any clutch noise from my transaxle.   The car has like 43,000 miles so I doubt they are worn out.

If you have a 500 hp motor and race the car or make a habit of popping the clutch to get burnouts for fun, that is a different situation.

Jim