[DeTomaso] SHIFT ROD CENTER SUPPORT

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Sat Apr 2 10:12:18 EDT 2011

2 apr 2011 kl. 15:45 skrev "John Taphorn" <jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com>:

> Nice work Thomas.  How did you prepare the sliding shaft?

Actually I did nothing at all. I just removed the joint, slid the old trunion off, forgot to remove the old bronze bushing, and slid the new support in place.

Later I removed it again to get the old bushing off, and I used the Dremel to open up the Teflon bushing slightly, as it started to bind slightly.

It has worked great for about ten years now.

Cheers,
Thomas