[DeTomaso] New Under Hood Padding Set

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:26:12 EDT 2011

Just to let the list know, I spent last night making proper paper patterns
for the 5 "pie slices" under the
hood in order to have black vinyl pads made for the not so nice areas
between the ribs.

Mine will be Black, have 1.5" front to back vertical rows ( not diamond
pattern ) with contrasting stitching,
all surrounded by black cord trim for a very polished look. ( I'm having
them use yellow thread to match the car BTW )

These should be ready in a week, just when the hood is black from the paint
shop.  I'll take lots of photos
if anybody is interested in having another set made. Please send me a note.

Right now, it would be for no grill hoods only, there are too may different
grill types and I don't have a pattern
for any of them.

Not sure if I'm going to add snaps or just use Headliner glue to attach
them.

We'll see how this goes before I venture under the engine cover.

Michael

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia