[DeTomaso] POCA Fun Rally Raffle - Your Chance to Help Out

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 10:05:12 EDT 2011

(please disregard the first posting  - Mike)

Coz and I are busy getting ready for another great raffle at this year's
POCA Fun Rally in Reno on June 8-12.  We're rattling all of the usual cages
to bring in those great prizes which our vendors, chapters and individual
members have so graciously stepped forward with all of these years, last
year in particular.

Well, this year, we're starting to think outside the box and broaden our
exposure, and are taking a close look at many of the other car hobby vendors
out there who help us keep our cars running strong and looking sharp.  You
will recall a while back I asked for the names of these vendors that you
have been using.  We are now preparing a marketing plan to offer them a
chance to tie in with POCA and at the same time, add to the rich selection
of items you'll have a chance to win on Saturday night when all the trophies
have been awarded, speeches made and good cheer and beer have been flowing
freely.

Here's where you can help us out.  Since a face to face introduction is
always the best way to start a relationship, we'd
like to ask you to help us extend POCA's hand to your local outlet for these
vendors and see if you can ignite some interest in their participation.  If
you have a shop from the list below with whom you've developed a good
business relationship over the years, why not put that goodwill to work for
us?

Some, but not all of the names you came forward with were Jegs Automotive,
Summit Racing, NAPA Auto Parts, Autozone, Ford Racing, Meguiar's, Griot's
Garage, Hagerty Insurance, Harbor Freight Tools, Discount Tires, The Tire
Rack, Porterfield, Eastwood, Fluidyne, McMaster/Carr, California Car Covers,
Comp Cams, Holley, Optima Batteries, GT Seat Covers, Sears Craftsman, SnapOn
Tools, Edelbrock, ARP, Kodiak Wheels, Armando Racing Oil Pans and Aviad Oil
Pans.

All we ask is that you explain what we as POCA wish to do, invite them to go
to the following link at the POCA website
http://www.poca.com/index.php/fr/sp that covers our plans, and ask if they
can provide some contact information for someone in regional or national
marketing who can make advertizing and donation decisions.  If you're
talking to a private franchise, they may be able to make a decision right
there on behalf of their company.  Let them know that someone from POCA will
be in touch to follow up and cover the details.

This link is to a new page on the website that Coz had Mark set up, and we
could use your help here as well.  To make the view more interesting for our
prospective "sponsors", we'd like to add some great pictures of the various
things we do during the fun rally.  If you have anything in your photo
archives you think superb, please send them to Jim Cozzolino at
cozland at cox.net so he can add them to the link.

Thanks in advance for your help, and we'll see you in Reno!

Mike Thomas
VP, Pantera Owner's Club of America