[DeTomaso] New 15x10 Campy replica?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 18:44:18 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/28/10 15 31 15, b.hower3400 at yahoo.com writes:

> The last vendor price I have seen for 10 x 15 Campy, which was two weeks
> ago, was 1500.00 each.

been trying to sell a set of 8s and 10s with tires for ~$3500 for years now.

But the sales that I know about personally are mostly in the $1200-1500
range for a set, perhaps more if the 8s and tires are included.   And I do know
of at least two sales of excellent 10-inch wheels for under $1000 for the
pair in the past few years.

It's a supply-and-demand thing, and the value dipped for awhile when the
supply of suitable tires dried up.   There are more tires available now,
although they're not necessarily great tires.

I have no vested interest in driving the price up or down--I've got mine
(two sets).   I'm just calling it as I see it.   The only way to really know
what they're worth today is for somebody who has a set to sell to report what
he wants for them, and then to subsequently report what he actually got for
them when they did sell.