[DeTomaso] Top 10 Low Pass Flyby's!!!

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Mon Sep 27 20:15:44 EDT 2010

I don't think the F-18 in the last fly by actually punched through, although
he was on the edge.  We had a pilot do the very same at the Freedom Fair air
show on the Tacoma waterfront a couple of years ago.  My boss, a retired
Marine Col. and former F-18 driver, said it's possible to push the sound
envelope like that without afterburners with a clean aircraft that's light
on fuel and no payload, and not actually break the barrier.

Mike Thomas