[DeTomaso] Caliper bolts--when was the last time you checked?

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 19:21:07 EDT 2010

I suppose from a strictly technical respect a split lock washer is certainly
considered as  a measure against  a loosening fastener but I have never felt
really secure with  a split lock washer in an application as critically
important as a brake caliper , especially since in this case there are only
two fasteners and the loss of one would be catastrophic. My feelings about
the viability of a split lock washer as an effective saftey measure may be
totally with out merit (being based on my gut feeling not any scientific
established proof).
Boyd