[DeTomaso] steering wheel diameter

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 20:48:40 EDT 2010

I did mention that I had not had an opportunity to drive the car under the
conditions I would like to in order to get a real world test. A high speed
run with a mix of straights and  road race course conditions.  Driving under
normal traffic conditions is not a problem.  In fact the added force
required to man handle the 13" wheel through parking spaces  and three point
turns should provide some beneficial  upper body exercise. I was more
concerned with coming through a chicane and coming up short on the required
upper body strength to maneuver through a rapid succession of changes that
would require the physical strength not just the mechanical advantage gained
by forward motion.
Body