[DeTomaso] Silverstone Classic

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sat Sep 25 15:38:14 EDT 2010

Regarding racing events in Europe--
I also highly recommend the Silverstone Classic event in July, usually 2 wks after Le Mans Classic but is held every year.

Actually I think I enjoy it more than LMC--  cheaper than LMC, camping across the road for 10GBP per night, , MANY more cars running, less pretense, the weather is cooler and the girls prettier.
And one thing I really love about it-- the pregrid is held in the paddock, so you can walk around the cars and be literally 3 ft away when the fire up to go out on the track.  Then in a few minutes you can walk to Copse corner and see them screaming by before walking back to the pregrid for the next group.

Silverstone is about 60-90 minutes northwest of London.

Jim Oddie