[DeTomaso] Caliper bolts--when was the last time you checked?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Sep 25 15:34:43 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

Just got word that today's PCNC caravan to the mountains got stopped dead
in its tracks just shortly after they departed, when somebody's rear caliper
mounting bolt made a successful bid for freedom.   Now they're all on the
side of the road tearing their hair out and trying to fix it.

Thing is, this isn't an isolated incident--this happens more often than you
might think.   Remember the guy who tried to drive from the LA area to the
POCA Fun Rally in Reno and only made it halfway up?   His wheel took a
serious beating when both bolts fell out and the caliper came completely adrift.

Point being, when was the last time YOU checked the tighteness of all four
caliper bolts?   If you can't remember, you're wrong.

Mea culpa--I haven't checked mine in a few years either.   But I'm going to
do so right now!