[DeTomaso] Stock Flywheel Question- Lesson on Ford numbers!!!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 23:52:21 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/23/10 15 40 28, cengles at cox.net writes:

> The moral of the story: don't underestimate the ignition system for
> causing problems.

I second that motion.   When my GT350 engine was rebuilt the first time (in
my possession that is) back in the late 1990s, it came back to me with a
noticeable vibration.   I was not happy and brought the car back to the shop
(one of the Bay Area's leading Mustang experts who is actually nationally
known).   He pulled the engine again, took it all apart, had it balanced for a
second time, put it back together, back into the car, and it still vibrated.

Turns out it had a bad plug that wasn't firing!   A new set of plugs cured
it.