[DeTomaso] Stock Flywheel Question- Lesson on Ford numbers!!!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 23:47:54 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/23/10 14 25 46, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> Sean, it occurs to me there are TWO different clutch discs that are
> commonly used on Panteras. One has a 1-1/16"-8 spline size while the other
> has a
> 1-1/8"-8 spline size.

An excellent point!   The difference is down to having a Dash-1 versus
Dash-2 gearbox.   The clutches are NOT the same!!!

If you install a large-spline clutch disc on a small-spline gearbox, things
could get interesting in a hurry!

Definitely check the fit of the disc on the gearbox splines, and if Jack
has found your problem, you owe him a beer!!! :>)