[DeTomaso] CarFAX for a Pantera?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 21:20:33 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/16/10 18 56 49, jskeane6 at gmail.com writes:

>   Is there any way to get a CarFAX report on a Pantera?  I tried putting
> my VIN into their web site, and it says that it isn't a valid VIN.  Is
> there some trick to get the VIN up to 17 characters that allows it to
> work, or am I just our of luck?

CarFAX doesn't go back nearly that far, in terms of time.   I don't know
what their cutoff is but I suspect it's only 10-15 years back.

With respect to the VIN issue, Federal laws changed and required
17-character VINS long after the Pantera went out of production (well, to be fair, the
later GT5-S Amerisport cars came with two totally different VINS, with the
Amerisport VIN being the requisite 17 characters).