[DeTomaso] Schroth Dot Harness

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 21:13:19 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/16/10 14 45 59, rgg at gregorycook.com writes:

> What do you plan to do with the car? I've never heard of any track event
> requiring more than OEM belts.
>
>>>It depends on which run group you're in.   The upper class at the PCNC
track event requires four-point harnesses at a minimum (the Schroth harnesses
would be perfectly acceptable).   Shelby Club rules are the same.

> > The open road racing events do require race harnesses for the higher
> speed classes (above 125 IIRC) only. As you say you can leave your OEM belts
> in the car with the harness. That being said there's lots of Panteras
> running around with 5 point harnesses and I've never heard of anybody having an
> issue with DOT compliance.
>
>>>A Nor-Cal Shelby Club member driving a 5.0 Mustang convertible with
5-point harnesses was pulled over by a cop with a bad attitude, and given a
ticket for failing to wear his seat belt.   He took it to court since he was
wearing his five-point harnesses at the time he was pulled over--and he LOST.
The HUA judge simply went along with the cop's assertion that he wasn't
wearing the DOT-approved seat belts.

FWIW....

Mike (who has and wears five-point harnesses in the Pantera, Cobra and
GT350, have been pulled over in all three cars, and never received a
ticket...for anything!)