[DeTomaso] Harness bar

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 19:26:37 EDT 2010

Dear List subscribers,
I had agreed to purcchase a used harness bar from a member who will remain
unnamed. He sent the bar wrapped in card board with out properly sealing the
ends of the package and the harness bar apparently pushed through the tape
that was the only thing sealing the ends of the card board wrapper. I was
not home when UPS left the empty package on my front steps so I could not
address the issue with them before they left the package. I called the
seller and was unable to reach him. I then called UPS and they apologized
and said they would look into it and have a decision within five days. UPS
provides $100 for all shipments even if uninsured by the sender. The seller
was in a position to receive $10.00 more then he was asking for me for the
purchase and shipment due to me paying him paying him via pay pal. Rather
then accept the payment and use the UPS settlement to provide the promised
harness bar the seller opted to cancel the transaction and pocket the UPs
settlement and renege on our agreement to provide me with a harness bar for
the terms we agreed upon. I even offered to pay the difference between the
ups settlement and the actual cost of the replacement  harness bar. So
instead of living up to the terms of our agreement he opted to profit from
his own negligence in improperly packing the harness bar and stiff me for
the harness bar and pocket the extra $40.00 UPS settlement. This is after I
purchased a pair of 6 point harnesses, grommets for installing the submarine
belts in my recaro style seats and assorted mounting hardware for the
harnesses all based on the budget set by the purchase of the harness bar. So
my question is does anyone else have a harness bar they are not using and
would like to sell or perhaps someone with a machine shop would be willing
to make me a harness bar for a reasonable cost or maybe even a roll bar if
reasonable and it won't interfere with my AC hoses.
Please let me know if there is anyone who can help me out in this matter.
Thanks in advance,
Hugh Boyd Casey