[DeTomaso] Now, that was easy!

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Fri Sep 24 08:48:20 EDT 2010

Possibly one of the easiest cosmetic alterations I've done was to relocate
the wiring harness that runs inside passenger side of the back trunk to the
wheel well.  For those who, like me, wondered why Detomaso didn't do that in
the first place, I suggest you spend an hour doing the relocation yourself.
 Forgive me if this is widely known, but I didn't know it.

Simply unplug the connector near the coolant tanks, write down the wiring
order that goes into the connector, use a jewler's screwdriver to compress
the clips from the front of the plug, and simply pull the wire & wire
connector out of the bulky white plug that is too big to fit through the
fender hole.  With the wires free, feed them through the fender hole where
rear running light goes out.  The wire is long enough to run along the top
of the frame rail in the wheel well.  Simply put the wires back into the
white plug, hook it back up, and put some fasteners to keep the wire in
place on the frame rail.

Why didn't they do this to begin with?

--
Rob DuMoulin