[DeTomaso] Stock Flywheel Question- Lesson on Ford numbers!!!

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Thu Sep 23 17:33:30 EDT 2010

Yes, just leave all the clutch stuff off, put the bellhousing and starter on,
and try it.  In fact, I would do this with the old flywheel before I put the new
one on just in case there is something else bustin your balls here!!!!

I have a few flywheels in my "collection"  (pile of junk as my wife says....) so
depending on what you find, lemmeno!     I've been playing with Fords far longer
than DeTomasos!

Unless the machinist took some enormous amount of metal off the of the flywheel,
I cannot see where this would cause an issue....even at that!        You are not
cutting on the side with the imbalance portion cast into it.....

A clutch disc should have NO issue on balance, as they should be zero
balance.....this could be checked with the bubble weight!

A pressure plate should have no/little issue......as they should be zero
balance......BUT, you can always just bolt the pressure plate onto the flywheel
and try it too!!!

Make sure you're firing on all 8 spark plugs too.....!!!  I've been burned by
bad plugs and or bad wires too!

Steve