[DeTomaso] Stock Flywheel Question- Lesson on Ford numbers!!!

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Sep 23 17:21:05 EDT 2010

Sean, it occurs to me there are TWO different clutch discs that are
commonly used on Panteras. One has a 1-1/16"-8 spline size while the other has a
1-1/8"-8 spline size. If your ZF has the small input shaft spline and you're
using the larger input-spline disc, the disc could sag off-center in use by
0.030" or so and produce a bit of out-of-balance shake with "nothing wrong".

I can't remember right now which year Pantera you have. The small-shaft ZFs
were mostly used in early '71s while all the rest used the larger shaft
spline, as I remember. But in 39 years, a LOT of parts-swapping has occurred,
so....   Just a thought- J Deryke