[DeTomaso] Cop ignition.

hemipanter at hemipanter.se hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Sep 21 18:11:02 EDT 2010

I thought it could be an idea to show my new engine management system.
My old Haltech broke, so I decided to try a different system, NIRA,
which is a Swedish brand. I also looked at Link, who has a good hardware
with 2x8 power amplifier which would suit my V8, but the NIRA's software
appealed to me more. Anyway, the NIRA do have additional amplifiers,
but for now I will use a semi-sequentially setting.
The exciting part is that the COP coil on plug sits well with the HEMI
engine.
http://www.hemipanter.se/Coil%20on%20plug%20ignition%20003.jpg
Here is a picture of the ECU, and we see even trigger wheel on the
crankshaft.
http://www.hemipanter.se/Engine%20Management%20System%20by%20Nira.jpg
What I like about NIRA is that they use real physical units in the
program, as an example out of fuel and air in units of mass. They have
also injector offset tables so that the diffuser opening hours is
taken into breäkningarna. Furthermore, you use the VE tables and
engine capacity, this means that if all digits are placed correctly,
the engine works instantly and is executable.

Unfortunately I have not started the engine yet because all the work
is not clear, but it'll be within a week.
Goran