[DeTomaso] detomaso harness bar

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 03:33:32 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/16/10 12:01:56 AM, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

> Not sure that I like mounting the lateral support tubes on the wheels
> house structure...if they are rust free, maybe.....

That's the way the 8-point cages for the GR-4 LeMans racers were done. The
bar connection is actually plated onto the area of the upper rear shock
mounts which have quite a nice support system themselves that feeds loads to
both lower and upper subframe rails. Biggest problem is successfully cutting 2
u-shaped pieces out of the tempered rear window glass. Once done &
installed, you get noise, heat and debris into the cockpit thru the necessary
clearances. Some have replaced the glass with Lexan which can more easily be sawed,
but some sanctioning bodies won't accept Lexan as 'safe'- Bonneville for
instance. A few years ago, some Swedes brought a Pantera over rigged this way
and the Bonneville Tech officials made them replace the Lexan with hastily
fabricated sheet metal. So, know your tech requirements. Good luck- J DeRyke