[DeTomaso] Fw: RE: Comp Cams Guide Plates vs Manley

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 20:42:29 EDT 2010

I want to finish off this post.

I had a terrible time getting my rocker arms aligned with the valve stems and I could not get a deep socket on the intake rocker stud because of a step in the Manley push rod guide plates.

It looks like I had older Manley plates and the present Manley plates have room for a deep socket.  But in my case, the Comp Cams plates aligned the rocker arms much better than the Manley plates.  But Justin Greisberg had the opposite experience, and Manley plates worked better for him.  I guess the lesson is that if you're having trouble with the rocker arm alignment, try a different push rod guide plate.

Ken