[DeTomaso] Squeaky clutch linkage or master?

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 12:45:07 EDT 2010

I've got a squeaky clutch linkage or master.  The master is a CNC
unit installed by the previous owner.   It squeaked once before, right
before the pushrod came out of the clevis.  Seems the previous owner
didn't install it correctly.  This time the pushrod is still fully engaged by
the clevis.  I tried a mechanics stethoscope but I hear the noise
everywhere along the linkage path.  It seems to be loudest right on the
pushrod which might mean it's internal to the master.  Also, this is a '74L
so it has the pedal reduction linkage.  I plan to pull the pivot pins and lube
them next.  Any recommendations on lubricant.  I've got some tri-flow which
I use on bicycle chains but it seems pretty light for this application.

Dan Jones