[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 74, Issue 14-Silicone

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 18:00:57 EDT 2010

I took my oil pan for my Firebird to the guy who
works on all our trucks to weld in a pickup for
my external pump... old location hit the headers...
sorta like a wet sump, dry sump, screen, pickup

The screen or baffle has some holes thru the side of
the pan and one in the bottom to hold it in place
The welder stated I should not use Silicone sealant
if I plan on using Synthetic oil... never heard that one
before... Suggested using the Right Stuff by Permatex
as it will hold up to the synthetic oil

Anybody heard this before???

thanks

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera and #13 Blue/White 70 TA Clone