[DeTomaso] harness bar.

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 16:08:19 EDT 2010

Just for what it's worth...
   The normally used vendor bars mount the shoulder belts higher on the inside than the outside.  No big problem, I just am aware of it sometimes
when everything is snugged down and really tight.  I have those Scheel seats you see in some cars.  They came out decades ago but are really pretty good seats.
The headrests get in the way if your wearing a helmet so I took them out.  The corner edge of the bar is now a couple of inches behind the base of your skull
waiting for an excuse to put a deep crease in the back of your head.  Check that out and see how it works with your seat.  The headrests go back in when I'm
not wearing a helmet.  There are some reallt good cages out there now but I haven't seen one that I would feel comfortable driving without a tight 4 point harness.
All the front cross bars are too close to my forehead.  My solutions are...Don't put a cage in my car unless it's really a full time track car.  As for the harness bar,
I noticed that a straight line between the 2 mounting bolts run across the firewall just above the hump.  I'm gonna make on using a thickwall round bar with some
simple mounts on the end.  That sould put it a little lower relative to the seatback and both shoulder belts will be level.  Just stuff I notice while I'm dinking around
with other things...like gussets in my control arms.  :)

Michael Frazier  Marfa-Presidio Open Road Race 16 OCT '10  ---  They still have open slots!
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa