[DeTomaso] brake system question

GW gow2 at rc-tech.net
Tue Sep 14 09:59:46 EDT 2010

I did a whole new brake set up on my MGB. I had a pretty involved spread
sheet which took values such as rotor diameter, tire diameter, brake pad
size, coe of friction of the pads, calipar piston size, MC bore size,
pedal arms, and a dozen other variables.

I calculated I needed a .85 bore MC. The only Dual MC I could come up
with at the time was the Wilewood 1". The draw back to the larger MC was
a shorter pedal stroke which meant harder pedal. This is also means less
precision in braking. BUT....My calculations were pretty close. 1" works
pretty good but I think the .85 would be ideal.

With your Pantera, without looking at the numbers, I am guessing you
need more volume which means .85 may be a little on the small side but
that is a guess with no data to support it. Correct cyl size is crucial
in non-boosted brake systems.

As far as pulling left or right with a new brake system, sounds to me
you still have air.

Gary