[DeTomaso] brake system question

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 07:03:33 EDT 2010

I have "created" my own brake system - wilwood superlites 4 piston up front, PBR single piston rear (built in parking brake - from a90's camaro - Byers uses these), stock booster, ford master cylinder with adaptor (prob 0.875" bore size), stock shuttle valve, adjustable rear prop valve
problem 1 - pedal is a little bit soft and does not brake car well.  I have pressure bled system about 100 times with both the mity-vac and the device that pressurizes the master cylinder from above.  Is it still air in system or is master cylinder too small?

problem 2 - car pulls hard to driver side under braking.  I can lock up only the driver's side front wheel if I really try.  This is the problem that really has me worried.

Any suggestions?  I have narrowed it down to either:
1. too small master cylinder bore size
2. still some sir somewhere in system
3. ?booster is not getting enoug vacuum? - easy to check next time car is running.