[DeTomaso] BOSS 302 manifold on eBay

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:49:42 EDT 2010

> It has water passages where the passages are for BOSS 302 heads

Ford Motorsport high port heads were designed for for either
Windsor or Cleveland water routing.  Some high port intakes
were designed for Windsors, some for Clevelands and others
were designed for either.

> and looks like it is not for raised ports.

Why do you say that?  The seller says it has ports that are
2 1/16" high by 1 7/16" wide.  A Boss 302 has a 2.5" tall by
1 3/4" wide intake port.  When attempting to mount a high port
intake on an engine with 4V heads, the lower floor of the 4V
head is typically exposed.  It appears to me to be a high port
intake that has been widened to perhaps match a ported set of
C302B or C3 heads and has been milled.

Dan Jones