[DeTomaso] Stock Flywheel Question

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Mon Sep 13 01:40:01 EDT 2010

I dug out my original stock flywheel.

The number C5AE 6380-E is the correct casting number for the stock Pantera
flywheel in 1972 and probably all the rest of the Ford program cars 1971-74.

The 2617 you quote is a date code and the 6 is probably a G or some other
month in 1972 production. The second digit should be a letter and not a
number. You've got a stock flyweel.

Barry

> Hi,
> Here are some numbers off of my flywheel.
> C5AE 6380-E
> 2617
> Can someone confirm they are correct for stock flywheel on 351c? Machine
shop guy tells me it can't be stock because the flywheel is from 1965 and
might belong to a 390. Wondering if I should really leave it there for him
to look at if he is so far off on what it is.