[DeTomaso] Stock Flywheel Question

sean mundy seanmundy at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 12 21:29:58 EDT 2010

  So its the 2617 number that tells you its the incorrect flywheel for a 72 351c?  I don't have the flywheel now so i cant check to see if also has C7TE-A stamped on it.  If I have the wrong flywheel I will be very confused.  The combination of the flywheel and the previous pressure plate and clutch didnt cause any vibration.   Maybe the previous owner couldn't locate an original flywheel so he had one made to work including the clutch.
 I have looked at the old clutch and the pressure plate closely and don't see any obvious signs of additional weight or balancing on them.  Apparently my new Mcleod clutch isn't the problem but I could just reinstall my old clutch and see if the vibration goes away.  I'm getting real good at removing the ZF :)