[DeTomaso] Dual master cylinnders

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 10 17:32:29 EDT 2010

Mark wrote;

I'm looking for some feedback from those who use CNC dual master
cylinders.

I currently have Quella's  4 piston Wilwood calipers.

Are you using the vacuum booster or not?

Comments and suggestions.

>>>Last year, I drove Geoff Peters' 1972 GT5 conversion from London to
Modena and back.  It has Quella's brake package for 15 inch wheels, and
dual CNC masters with no booster.  The brakes worked but it took an
uncomfortable heave on the pedal to get things happening.  As it is a
RHD car, the pedal actuates a cross shaft which then presses on the
masters (which are still on the left side of the chassis).  After much
debate, he agreed that he really should put the booster back in, as the
pedal pressure is excessive, and he is literally bending the shaft like
a torsion bar when he brakes hard.

If your question is, "To booster, or not to booster?" I would
definitely urge you to go for the booster.