[DeTomaso] Clutch problems when engine is hot

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Sep 10 15:31:12 EDT 2010

Charlie, it sounds like the clutch hydraulics   - master and/or slave- are
bypassing fluid. That lets   air into the system and when things get really
hot, the air expands a LOT, driving fluid back into the reservoir and the
pedal gets soft. I would arbitrarily change both the master and slave 'cause
your present problem is one or the other and typically, they fail together or
soon after. And I really recommend a long-throw slave cylinder to save
whats left of the ZF synchros!
Good luck- J DeRyke