[DeTomaso] cam lift measurement

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Thu Sep 9 18:21:36 EDT 2010

I just remove a rocker and set the pointed end on my dial indicator in the
oil hole on the top end of the pushrod. With a magnetic base you can set it
up to be quite straight & accurate. You may want to keep a little downward
pressure on the lifter with your finger to make sure it's following the lobe
closely.

Barry

----
Doug Braun wrote:
Has anyone found a good way to measure cam lift with the heads on the engine
and the intake off.  A dial gauge won't fit in the valley to ride on the
lifter.  And measuring on a pivoting rocker isn't very accurate.

Doug Braun

----