[DeTomaso] roll bar

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 8 01:34:35 EDT 2010

Boyd,

You wrote:

Does anyone know the best source and price for a roll bar for a 73 L?
I saw one at Precision Proformance foraround $450.00.

>>>That one is nicely made, but it really is not a three-point bar,
despite how they advertise it.  It's just a simple hoop, which would
certainly be better than nothing, but would not qualify as a 'roll bar'
for any track event that needed one.

Hall Pantera used to offer a three-point roll bar, with a leg that
extends all the way forward into the passenger footbox.  The leg is
removable for street use.  Back in the 1990s it cost $180.

Pantera Performance Center offered a similar bar, except that the third
leg came down at a steeper angle, and bolted to the floor just ahead of
the passenger seat.

Pantera Parts Connection has a three-point bar, but I can't remember
where the leg affixes to the car.

Give those guys a call and see what they have to offer now?