[DeTomaso] FYI - Centerforce dual friction disk from Ford

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Tue Sep 7 23:56:12 EDT 2010

Steve
I had the same parts and could not find bolts that I felt good about using
with this combination.
The Fidanza alum flywheel has no recess to support the shoulder on the stock
or ARP PP bolts. Using fully threaded bolts looked kind of iffy to me,
because it leaves the holes in the pressure plate bearing on threads instead
of a shoulder. If any movement takes place between the pressuire plate and
the flywheel, it seems to me that it would soon develop into a problem

I recall Will Kooiman also said he used this comination of parts
successfully, but I've never understood how people are resolving the PP bolt
issue. Fidanza doesn't supply a PP bolt suitable for their aluminum flywheel
as far as I could find out.

What did you use for bolts?

Thanks
Barry

----
 Steve Hawkins <shawkins777 at comcast.net> wrote:

No problems with fit.  I only had about 370HP at the flywheel, I'm building
a new engine that should have about 550HP so I may think about replacing
while the engine is out of the car.

I'm using a Centerforce DF700000 with a Fidenza alumiminum flywheel.

Steve