[DeTomaso] 1972 detomaso pantera cooling system

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 18:29:12 EDT 2010

Dave's comment makes sense-- if the portion of the hot coolant that goes down the heater pipe / hose is shunted to the backflow hose and comes back into the system just as hot as it left it (or nearly) then you have a constant infusion of hot coolant into the "cooled" portion coming back from the radiator.  So the result will be the cooled solution will be hotter than if that infusion were not taking place.

If you shut off the heater hose then no coolant goes that way and it all goes to the radiator and gets cooled.

Jim Oddie