[DeTomaso] FYI - Centerforce dual friction disk from Ford Racing

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 7 15:42:25 EDT 2010

Ken wrote:

    Centerforce will not sell you a replacement dual friction disk
apart from
the PP, but you can buy just the Centerforce disk from Ford Racing:

http://www.shop.speedunlimited.com/p-5106-ford-racing-m-7550-a302-clutch-disc-1-116-10-spl-105.aspx

sure doesn't make sense to me.

>>>Yeah, it sure seems like a scam to me too.  I talked to Centerforce
about their policy, and they insist that when your disc wears out
(which can happen quite quickly apparently), you send your PP back to
them for them to 'rebuild' it, and then they will ship it back to you
with a new disc.

BTW the part number for the disc from Ford racing--it appears to be a
generic Ford 302 disc, as opposed to the Pantera-specific disc which is
(apparently?) thinner (same friction material thickness, but the disc
is thinner overall).

Rather than all of us spectulating, it really would be helpful if
somebody would get the actual specs for the Pantera-specific clutches
 from the manufacturers, and have them explain exactly what makes their
Pantera-specific clutches different from their ordinary Ford offerings.
  Ken, if you don't have time to do this, I will probably be calling
McLeod Monday or Tuesday next week to discuss my hydraulic throwout
bearing.  Let me know if you want me to do the homework there.