[DeTomaso] FW: Brake vacuum tube and hose

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Tue Sep 7 13:50:54 EDT 2010

>From the archives:

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Seib [mailto:oldwheel at mts.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 7:06 PM
To: DetomasoList; chrisvkimball at msn.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] Brake vacuum tube and hose

Chris
I went through all this with my car and found that the original vacuum hose
was actually an Aeroquip product. The type I found to replace it was an
Aeroquip FC647-08BLK. I bought 10FT for $40 from a local industrial Aeroquip
distributor, not an automotive supply, and they had it in stock. (even here
frozen in the middle of Canada) It is a fire resistant synthetic rubber hose
with a textile braid reinforcement. It's rated good for 28in/Hg of vacuum
service as well as a lot of other pressures that we don't need. It also just
happens to look a lot like the original hose, which satisfies the Pantera
originality appearance fetish in me, but you can get over that! ;>)

Good Luck

Barry

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Tue Mar 3 18:17:48 CST 2009
---

> From: SOBill at aol.com
> Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 01:53:54 -0500
> To: MikeLDrew at aol.com; claywillmott at hotmail.com; detomaso at
realbig.com
> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Brake vacuum tube and hose
>
> Database says:
>
> NAPA Auto Parts H-178 will work as vacuum hose
>
> SOBill Taylor
> sobill at aol.com
>

> **************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in
your