[DeTomaso] what clutches that work with the ZF?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 02:06:08 EDT 2010

I'm far from an expert on clutches, in fact I hadn't realized that Mcleod offered a diaphragm pressure plate for Pantera application. In searching the two respective websites I can only come up with 3 clutch kit options;

The Centerforce web drop down selector only lists an early -1 clutch now, although the catalog still shows the later -2. That said the later -2 part # DF021057S is a 10.4" clutch disc and specific to the Pantera, it uses the centrifugal weights and is a sprung disc.

In searching through the McLeod website various clutch kit offerings I can only find 2 listings for Pantera; 64302-00-03P (steel flywheel) or 63302-00-03P (Al flywheel) which are both diaphragm style. Looking at the long throw 3 B&B pressure plates alone (part # 360505 is listed for Pantera) and the fingers have a shorter throw than the Mustang options, presumably for bellhouse clearance.

The Wiki listed McLeod diaphragm option requires use of the McLeod adjustable TO bearing, suggesting thickness is different.

I guess only a call to each of the manufacturers is going to answer your questions thoroughly.

Julian