[DeTomaso] what clutches that work with the ZF?

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 6 23:58:35 EDT 2010

> McLeod offers a whole bunch of Pantera-specific clutches in numerous
> styles. Their website used to have a simple page that listed them all
> (they also have Dash 1 clutches, numerous styles, and they are
> different from the Dash 2 style, and they also have numerous Mangusta
> clutches). They 'improved' their website with a lookup function that
> doesn't work, so now you can no longer see what they offer for us. You
> have to call and ask the right question (forget about 'Mustang' clutch
> and just ask about the different Pantera clutches they offer), or call
> Dennis Quella, who is a McLeod dealer.

For some reason it appears to be only the DeTomaso option that is not populated on the web site.

The Pantera Wiki has a list of applicable Mcleod and Centerfors clutches..... but don't let that substitute for a phone call to double check.

http://augerresources.com/wiki/index.php?title=Clutch_and_Transaxle

> The list is pretty small. Centerforce clutches work okay (some have
> had problems, the Adlers spit nails any time you mention the name due
> to a catastrophic failure in their car), and McLeod has a perfect
> reputation. Those are the only Pantera-specific clutch manufacturers I
> can think of off the top of my head, but really, how many clutches do
> you really need? Those two brands offer more than a dozen different
> Pantera clutch options between them....

A perfect reputation depending on who you talk to... I know of at least 3 people that have had problems with McLEod clutches, two coming apart and losing a spring from the disc, the third was a twin disc that the owner could never get to disengage properly and it's a ZF out each time to adjust it. He gave up and went Centerforce twin disc with no problems. Apparently most Mcleod clutches are now made offshore and quality has been hit and miss in the past.

Julian