[DeTomaso] 1972 detomaso pantera cooling system

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Sep 6 22:19:48 EDT 2010

  Bob,

If those are in the heater hose lines, then they are designed to
shut-off coolant flow to the heater core.  There are two purposes in
this.  First, it reduces interior heat, especially in the summer when
you are trying to use the A/C.  Second, some racing bodies want  you to
have shut-offs just in case you blow a heater core or interior line, it
doesn't blow hot coolant all over your feet, windows, etc.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA