[DeTomaso] Too short

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sat Sep 4 21:05:11 EDT 2010

By how many inches are her legs too short? In other words, how many inches of forward seat travel are needed here?

Actually I am surprised this has not come up before, because the Pantera has pretty long brake and clutch pedal throws, or at least my L does.  (Pre-L's probably have shorter but stiffer clutches.)  While my right leg is very bent at the top of the throttle throw, the left is fully extended at the bottom of the clutch throw.

If you put blocks on the pedals, would they then be too close for you to drive?

When my kids were small we had a "Kangaroo seat" I believe it was called to raise and move them forward.  Would this work for her?

I would think actually that a custom booster made of firm foam that was secured to the seat with straps so it couldn't slide around and curved to hold her centered would not be unsafe.

Or have longer tracks that bolt to the floor made so the seat can slide further forward?

Jim