[DeTomaso] Brake power booster

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Sat Sep 4 17:42:48 EDT 2010

I've just bought a nice Bendix Italia vacuum brake booster on ebay. It was
supposed to be off a 72 Pantera. Having now recieved it, there's no way it's
a DeTomaso part. It has 4 studs in a square pattern to mount it to the foot
box plate instead of three. I t's also an inch or two larger in diameter
than my original. Otherwise it looks just like a nice new gold Pantera
booster would. I think it's actually a part for a 308 Ferrari? Does anyone
know if Hall or some other vendor was selling these as an "upgrade" for
Panteras at one time? It seems you would have to butcher the aluminum
footbox casting up pretty good by drilling new holes for the four studs, but
the guy I bought it from insists it came from his 72 Pantera.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks
Barry