[DeTomaso] what clutches that work with the ZF?

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Fri Sep 3 20:37:20 EDT 2010

This is what I know....
I currently have  this..
http://www.pim.net/90203clutch1.jpg
This is a 10 1/2" 3-finger pressure plate with dual friction disk. The part
# on the Mcleod box was 260830. It currently supports a 500+ stroker. I put
it in after smoking 2 of the
Centerforce D21057S set-ups.This is a diaphram style pressure plate.
Centerforce told me that it only supports 500 ft/lb torque (@ flywheel). I
apparently didn't follow the proper breakin procedure of 500 miles
(bulls**t).
A stronger Pantera specific Centerforce set-up, according to the tech I
spoke to, is the DF920830. This is  rated at 620 ft/lbs.
I am very happy with the Mcleod I have in there now, although I haven't
launched it at the dragstrip, which is the true test.
Will