[DeTomaso] Push Rod Guide Plates, Manley vs Comp Cams

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 15:27:00 EDT 2010

I recently posted my experiences with Manley and Comp Cams guide plates.  I'm done now with good results and these lessons.

If your studs have an 11/16 hex, you will have to triple nut them to tighten or loosen the intake stud if you use Manley plates because the step is too close to get a deep socket on.  The Comp Cams plates leave room for the socket.

You may need an extra deep socket, I did.  I found one for a reasonable price, like $10.

If one brand plate does not align the rocker arms with the valve stem, if you don't want to cut and weld, try another brand, they are different.  You can buy single Comp cams plates which helps.

I have 5 left over Manley plates for 3/8 push rods,  If anyone needs one or more of them, let me know.

Ken