[DeTomaso] Another question about the original motor.

Jerry R Knotts knottsj at galstar.com
Thu Sep 2 15:20:59 EDT 2010

I have a 72 with motor number 03051.  I believe the car was manufactured in
Jun of 1972 but sold in May of 1973.

Am trying to decide if I want to change the motor with another that I have.
My current motor was rebuilt in 1994 with roller cam and other goodies.  I
have been going back in my paperwork and cannot find a receipt for a piston
change.

The big question is would the motor have had forged or cast pistons.

Have read some Dan Jones writings about the 72 4V Cleveland but am trying to
figure if the engine would have been of the flat top forged or cast
aluminum.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
jerry