[DeTomaso] Austin F1 Track Design Revealed...and new ORR

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 12:16:39 EDT 2010

Hi Michael & all,
   Yes, this looks pretty interesting.  Within the last few years two other road courses have been built in the Austin San Antonio area.
All seem to take advantage of the natural terrain of the area.  I think the elevation changes like that are great for the spectators and the drivers.
At least for me while putting around on a weekend open track session.  I don't know how the F1 drivers feel about them in the heat of battle.
San Antonio and Austin are both very hilly with a lot of water features so it should be a very nice venue.  Either one would make a great location for
a centralized Pantera gathering one of these days.
    Speaking of elevation changes, I'm going out to run the route for the new ORR this weekend.  Marfa TX is at about 4000ft.  The course runs up to about
5500ft and back down to about 2500ft near Presidio.  I counted 68 turns or curves on the 45 mile course.  The BBORR event and course is the best of the lot,
but this is sure going to give it a run for it's money.  The road surface is very smooth but not quite as wide as Big Bend,  It should be a challenge.  There are
no 40 mile long straights or running on a 2 lane gravel road here.  I'm looking forward to it...13th - 16th October.  Look at www.mporr.net
   One of the guys put this video together.  It run at a slightly higher than I will be running... www.lonestarcorvette.com/jdt_cma/uploads...Bound_At_800_MPH.wmv
Still room for Panteras to make this one too, in fact this is the one I'd choose.  The fact that I'm helping run it has nuthin' to do with it.  :)

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa