[DeTomaso] cooling fan blowing fuse

Brian Hill mazdastuff at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 18:59:54 EDT 2010

I have a 71 model early.  Has manual cooling fan switch.  Recently I hit the
switch and fuse #11 blows disabling the manual fan.  I tried checking the fan
operation by using some jumper wires (recommended by Dave Bell) and the fan runs
like a champ.  does not bind or spin slowly.  So I tried switching fans, plugged
in the other fan to the harness for the manual and I hit the switch.....fuse did
not blow.  Tried it multiple times and it works fine.

Question:  is the fan simply drawing too many amps thus blowing the fuse but
still operational?

Brian
01642